When using the up and down arrow in my terminal (iTerm 2 on Mac OS Catalina), I can browse through my last commands using the up and down arrows.
I use ZSH (Oh-my-zsh to be precise) and if I type e.g. vim then press up, it will browse my history for any commands issued starting with vim.
I think it's annoying to have to move my hand to the arrow keys, so i wanted to bind ctrl-j and ctrl-k for browsing up and down.
I looked at bindkey and bound ^j to down-history and ^k to up-history. This allows me to browse my history, but not with the "smart" functionality (i'm not sure of the right terminology here) - It simply goes up and down in my history, without regards to my input.
I've looked through the standard widgets on the Zsh Line Editor manual, but I cannot find the right command for this.
Which command should I bind ^j and ^k to to get my desired result?