I started seeing the following error
[2020-06-12 20:09:01,324] ERROR [ReplicaManager broker=3] Error processing append operation on partition __consumer_offsets-10 (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.NotEnoughReplicasException: The size of the current ISR Set(3) is insufficient to satisfy the min.isr requirement of 2 for partition __consumer_offsets-10
My setup is having three brokers and all brokers are up. Couple of things i did before this error was about pop up
I configured min.isr to be 2 in all the brokers. I created a topic with replication factor 3 and starting producing the message from a producer with ack = 1 with two brokers down. I brought up all the brokers and started consumer.
- How to go about troubleshooting this error
- Consumer is also NOT be able to see this message ( not sure why, the message is supposed to be treated as "committed" as one broker was up when the producer was running)
Couple of facts
It is interesting to see rebalancing didnt happen yet WRT preferred leader starategy
$ kafka-topics --zookeeper 127.0.0.1:2181 --topic stock-prices --describe
Topic: stock-prices PartitionCount: 3 ReplicationFactor: 3 Configs: min.insync.replicas=2
Topic: stock-prices Partition: 0 Leader: 1 Replicas: 1,3,2 Isr: 1,2,3
Topic: stock-prices Partition: 1 Leader: 1 Replicas: 2,1,3 Isr: 1,2,3
Topic: stock-prices Partition: 2 Leader: 1 Replicas: 3,2,1 Isr: 1,2,3