I have a unit tests class that is testing what is inside a txt file. I am using the tmpdir fixture with pytest. This is my current class:
from objects.TicketCounter import TicketCounter
from objects.ConfigReader import ConfigReader
import os
import pytest
class TestTicketCounter():
# @pytest.fixture(scope="module") #<---Could I use this instead of passing tmpdir each time?
# def my_filepath(self, tmpdir):
# return tmpdir.mkdir("sub").join("testCurrentTicketCount.txt")
def test_createNewTicketCountFile(self, tmpdir):
x = tmpdir.mkdir("sub").join("testCurrentTicketCount.txt") #<----Repeated
ticketCounter = TicketCounter(x)
assert os.path.getsize(x) > 0
def test_addOneTicketCounter(self, tmpdir):
x = tmpdir.mkdir("sub").join("testCurrentTicketCount.txt") #<----Repeated
ticketCounter = TicketCounter(x)
beforeCount = int(ticketCounter.readTicketCountFromFile())
ticketCounter.addOneTicketCounter()
afterCount = int(ticketCounter.readTicketCountFromFile())
assert beforeCount + 1 == afterCount
def test_readTicketCountFromFile(self, tmpdir):
x = tmpdir.mkdir("sub").join("testCurrentTicketCount.txt") #<----Repeated
ticketCounter = TicketCounter(x)
print(ticketCounter.readTicketCountFromFile())
assert int(ticketCounter.readTicketCountFromFile()) >= 0
I would like to get rid of the repeated code and pass in the same path each time with the fixture that I commented out, my_filepath. When I try to use the my_parser pytest fixture, I am getting an error, saying:
ScopeMismatch: You tried to access the 'function' scoped fixture 'tmpdir' with a 'module' scoped request object, involved factories
unit_tests\test_TicketCounter.py:12:
So you are not able to use tmpdir with a pytest fixture? Is it because tmpdir is a fixture? Any thoughts on how I could cut out the repeated code and use a function or fixture to pass the path?