Atom Editor: Lost the ability to multi-line edit in Atom editor

Viewed 525

I am use to holding down Ctrl / Command to edit multiple lines at once in an Atom document, but this suddenly stopped working. I am wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut or something that I may have accidentally pressed that toggles this feature on / off.

I am on Mac OS 10.15.5 and have noticed other weird behavior editing text in all programs so that might be related but I have no idea how to resolve the issue. Any ideas are appreciated, thank you!

Edit: The "Multi Cursor On Click" option under Editor Settings is enabled.

3 Answers

Open Atom and type Ctrl+Shift+I (or Alt+Cmd+I on a Mac) to open the dev tools. Go to the console and enter in the following code in it & hit enter to run it:

atom.config.set('core.editor.multiCursorOnClick', true)

This will fix the problem and when you re-open Atom (even after a restart) it will fix the problem.

Ok found an answer on the Atom Discuss if anyone else is suffering this annoying issue! Seems to be related to a recent update to the application.

In your config file add this right below your core:

editor:
  multiCursorOnClick: true

So your result will look like this:

core:
editor:
  multiCursorOnClick: true

If there is no core existent you can include the core: portion as well but it may already be there depending on your add-ons.

Related