I'd like to have a custom button struct that receives a view as a parameter that will be shown as modal when the button is clicked. However, the view parameter is always empty, and I can't find the mistake I'm doing. My button struct looks like that:
struct InfoButton<Content:View>: View {
@State private var showingInfoPage: Bool
private var infoPage: Content
init(infoPage: Content, showingInfoPage: Bool) {
self.infoPage = infoPage
_showingInfoPage = State(initialValue: showingInfoPage)
}
var body: some View {
return
Button(action: {
self.showingInfoPage.toggle()
}) {
Image(systemName: "info.circle")
.resizable()
.frame(width: 25, height: 25)
.foregroundColor(.white)
.padding()
}.sheet(isPresented: self.$showingInfoPage) {
self.infoPage
}.frame(minWidth: 0, maxWidth: .infinity, alignment: .topTrailing)
}
}
This button is placed in a navigation bar from a template I'm creating for multiple other views. I think the most relevant parts of that template are these:
protocol TrainingView {
var title: String { get }
var subheadline: String { get }
var asAnyView: AnyView { get }
var hasInfoPage: Bool { get }
var infoPage: AnyView { get }
}
extension TrainingView where Self: View {
var asAnyView: AnyView {
AnyView(self)
}
var hasInfoPage: Bool {
false
}
var infoPage: AnyView {
AnyView(EmptyView())
}
}
struct TrainingViewTemplate: View {
@State var showInfoPage: Bool = false
@State var viewIndex: Int = 0
var body: some View {
//the views that conform to the template
let views: [TrainingView] = [
ExerciseView(),
TrainingSessionSummaryView()
]
return NavigationView {
ViewIterator(views, self.$viewIndex) { exerciseView in
VStack {
VStack {
Text(exerciseView.title)
.font(.title)
.fontWeight(.semibold).zIndex(1)
Text(exerciseView.subheadline)
.font(.subheadline)
Spacer()
exerciseView.asAnyView.frame(maxWidth: .infinity, maxHeight: .infinity)
}
}.navigationBarItems(trailing: (exerciseView.hasInfoPage == true ? InfoButton(infoPage: exerciseView.infoPage, showingInfoPage: self.showInfoPage) : nil))
}
}
}
I debugged to the point, where the navigationBarItems are initialized. At that point, the exercise view has content for "hasInfoPage" and "infoPage" itself.
One exemplary Exercise View has a header like that:
struct ExerciseView: View, TrainingView {
var title: String = "Strength Session"
var subheadline: String = "Pushups"
var numberOfExercise: Int = 1
@State var ratingValue: Double = 0
@Environment(\.presentationMode) var presentationMode
var hasInfoPage: Bool = true
var infoPage = ExerciseDetailView()
So in this view, the infoPage gets initialized with the ExercieDetailView() which I receive in the TemplateView, but as soon as the InfoButton is clicked, the debugger shows an empty infoPage, even though the "showingInfoPage" variable contains the right value.