I moved a sort of working Excel VBA app that automated IE as part of a web-scraping and order placing system I wrote for my wife who was spending hours tortured by the 90's style Usborne Children Books Consultant Portal to a C#/Windows Forms/WebView2 project.
Currently, it appears the basics are not there.
For example...
1- if(browser.navigationComplete == true){
That simple check isn't available.
How is one supposed to flow sequences of user actions without this?
2- htmlagilitypack like tools?
In VBA you can easily work with the DOM since there's types for pretty much everything. Where's that in WebView2?
Maybe I got it wrong, but it appears the webview2 is simply a browser with none of the automation tooling VBA has had for over twenty years. Please tell me I do not have to crawl back to my medieval Excel VBA dungeon. I have seen the light and it is good!
Any architectural or actual tested working code would be greatly appreciated :)
thank you kindly from Vancouver,
Antoine