Python Poetry: Where is get-poetry.py?

Viewed 4260

macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Python 3.7.2

I installed python poetry just like it is in the docs:

curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python-poetry/poetry/master/get-poetry.py | python

As far as I can tell it went well, besides $POETRY_HOME did not get set. Something like <full_path_to_poetry>/poetry --version works. Now I would like to try several things mentioned in the documentation with get-poetry.py, e.g.

python get-poetry.py --preview

It turned out I do not have get-poetry.py on my hard drive anywhere. Am I missing steps somewhere? Installing poetry with pip or creating a project does not help with the missing get-poetry.py

2 Answers

When you follow the official installation docs get-poetry.py is not downloaded but piped directly into the 'python' executable. You can currently download it like this:

curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python-poetry/poetry/master/get-poetry.py > get-poetry.py

However the use of get-poetry.py appears to be in the process of being deprecated so this may change in future.

Related