Crash in JIT compiler of .Net (clrjit.dll)

Viewed 214

Parts of my software is written in C++.NET (most of the code is written in C++) and everything runs perfectly on my own server and the customer's servers. However, on some of the customer's servers, the software crashes in clrjit.dll. Top of the call stack looks like this:

KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x68
clrjit!fatal+0x31 [f:\dd\ndp\clr\src\jit64\stubs.c @ 129]
clrjit!assert+0xa [f:\dd\ndp\clr\src\jit64\debug.c @ 1054]
clrjit!THX_NColMdGetInitialRegisters+0xac2a3 [f:\dd\ndp\clr\src\jit64\amd64\ncolormd.c @ 400]
clrjit!THX_NColDeterminePhysregUseable+0x72f [f:\dd\ndp\clr\src\jit64\ncolor.c @ 3785]

It looks like this is a crash in the JIT compiler of .NET, not in my code.

  • Is this a known issue?
  • Something that only appears with this specific .NET version (4.0.30319.36627)?
  • Can this be caused by an incorrect installation of .NET?
  • Might this be a symptom of a virus or malware?
  • Or can this be caused by an error in my code?

When looking at the crash dump files, I see that the clrjit.dll contains a normal version number, but suffixed by the text "built by: FX452RTMLDR_B". I don't see this in the properties tab of the DLL's on my system.

Since the problem only appears on some servers and not on others, I suspect an incorrect installation of .Net, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

0 Answers
Related