How can I profile C++ code running on Windows?

Viewed 1619

I have a C++ application, running on windows10(AMD Ryzon processor), which I'm in the process of benchmarking and optimizing. Can anyone recommend a performance profiling tool under the AMD Ryzen processor?

1 Answers

There are some profilers from AMD, for example

https://developer.amd.com/amd-uprof/

AMD uProf supports the 64-bit version of the following Operating Systems: ... Microsoft Windows 10 (up to May 2019 Update)

AMD uProf supports following application environment: Languages: C, C++, ...

AMD uProf profiler follows a statistical sampling-based approach to collect profile data to identify the performance bottlenecks in the application. The profile data collection can be triggered by – 6OS timer, core PMC events and IBS. AMD uProf offers user friendly UI to view and analyze the profile data thereby helps to optimize wide variety of applications, drivers, game engines etc.

So, it supports hardware and software events and can do sampling profiling.

There was also AMD CodeAnalyst / CodeXL profilers, but it can be not easy to download it now https://community.amd.com/thread/159836.

Intel VTune commercial profiler may work on AMD chips too, but without full support of hardware events. Software events should work.

Related