Environment : Linux, Ubuntu 16.04
I tried to download MKL Library from intel website (https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/math-kernel-library.html), and try to link mkl to my program.
(I just downloaded l_mkl_2020.1.217.tar file, extracted it, and ran ./install.sh inside that file)
But every time I tried to build, below message was printed
$ pkg-config --cflags --libs mkl-dynamic-lp64-iomp.pc
Variable 'MKLROOT' not defined in 'mkl-dynamic-lp64-iomp.pc
Even if I tried export MKLROOT=/opt/intel/mkl (which is my mkl root path),
It still couldn't find MKLROOT path
I also tried run test.sh file like below,
echo $MKLROOT
and It clearly print MKLROOT variable out.
are variable in intel .pc file is somewhat different from environment variable on Ubuntu? and why my mkl couldn't reach out to MKLROOT variable?
If anyone can answer this, I'll truly appreciate for you. Thanks!
--- addition ---
I just resolved this issue by adding single line
MKLROOT=/opt/intel/mkl
at the very first part of mkl-dynamic-lp64-iomp.pc (even though its readonly file, I just typed wq!), but I think its not a radical solution. Still need answer and any help would be appreciated