I am using onboard Bluetooth on Raspberry pi zero and connected a Bluetooth speaker which also has a mic. I want to record audio from this BT speaker mic.
I understand bluealsa command line can be used for this purpose, and also for playback of a .wav audio file.
I could not succeed with bluealsa sco profile to record audio. (OS: Dietpi) The device is able to connect to pi, and can play wav files, using: aplay -D bluealsa:DEV=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,PROFILE=a2dp sample.wav
However, with arecord, it says its recording, but doesn't record anything, also it doesn't throw any error.
using: arecord -f cd -D bluealsa:DEV=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,PROFILE=sco test.wav
Output: Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
test.wav shows only 44 bytes on the system:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 44 Jun 9 15:38 test.wav
when I try to play the recorded file, its just noise.
Could anyone help? Is recording from BTspeakers even supported in bluealsa package itself?