I'm having an issue with my JSON.parse.
After I change the API call from request to request.Promise.get I receive an error -
TypeError: Cannot read property 'responseText' of undefined
Packages:
Is that a problem with my data in r1 or I don't understand at all what is wrong now with the code. I was trying to change responseText to responseXML doesn't work as well for me.
Probably I'm missing the logic in the request but I'm just curious why this error appears even that this part of code was working before.
Problem area of code
const j = schedule.scheduleJob('* * * * * *', () => {
requestPromise.get({
uri: 'http://pro-api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/cryptocurrency/listings/latest?CMC_PRO_API_KEY=API-KEY-HERE',
json: true
resolveWithFullResponse: true
}).then(r1 => {
const x1 = JSON.parse(r1.target.responseText);
const BTCdata = x1.data.find(d => d.symbol === 'BTC').quote.USD
.volume_24h; // creating a variable to store a BTC request from API
console.log(BTCdata);
// Saving to database
saveToDatabase(BTCdata);
}).catch(err => {
console.log(err);
});
});
Full code
var requestPromise = require('request-promise');
const { MongoClient } = require('mongodb');
const schedule = require('node-schedule');
var XMLHttpRequest = require("xmlhttprequest").XMLHttpRequest;
const saveToDatabase = function(BTCdata) {
const url = 'mongodb+srv://username:password@cluster0-1kunr.mongodb.net/<dbname>?retryWrites=true&w=majority';
MongoClient.connect(url, { useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true }, (err, db) => {
if (err) throw err;
const dbo = db.db('Crypto');
const myobj = { Name: 'BTC', Volume: 'BTCdata' };
dbo.collection('Crypto-Values').insertOne(myobj, (error, res) => {
if (error) throw error;
console.log('1 document inserted');
db.close();
});
});
};
function requestPromise(method, url) {
return new Promise(((resolve, reject) => {
const xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
xhr.open(method, url);
xhr.onload = resolve;
xhr.onerror = reject;
xhr.send();
}));
}
const j = schedule.scheduleJob('* * * * * *', () => {
requestPromise.get({
uri: 'http://pro-api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/cryptocurrency/listings/latest?CMC_PRO_API_KEY=API-KEY-HERE',
json: true
resolveWithFullResponse: true
}).then(r1 => {
const x1 = JSON.parse(r1.target.responseText);
const BTCdata = x1.data.find(d => d.symbol === 'BTC').quote.USD
.volume_24h; // creating a variable to store a BTC request from API
console.log(BTCdata);
// Saving to database
saveToDatabase(BTCdata);
}).catch(err => {
console.log(err);
});
});