I am using Safari version 13.1.1. macOS Catalina 10.15.5.
Today I have spent 8 hours in hackerrank unable to cut a line using Ctrl+k, it is so difficult when you get used to a keybinding and unable to use it for a long time. I have faced with same error on the editor on stackoverflow, which has an answer here. When I tested other default key-bindings some other also does not work.
Ctrl + kdoes not work to delete a lineCtrl + Spacedoes not work to select a lineCtrl + _does not do undo, I cannot even to redoCtrl + sdoes not do forward incremental searchCtrl + idoes not do indent
... and many more.
As an alternative solution, I wrote it on my local editor and copy it from there and paste it to the editor.
On the online editor at hacker-rank, it is mentioned that it provides Emacs as editor mode, but it does not let users to use all the main keybinds. Same issue occurs on the leetcode as well. You can see the example editor in these sites for letcode, hackerrank.
[Q] How can I enable all default emacs key-bindings on the online programming editor on hackerrank? Can I overwrite its .emacs file?