I'm creating labels dynamically from an array in a FlowLayout JPanel, storing them in a JLabel array for future reference. They are displayed from left to right as intended.
I want to move one of the labels to the beginning (leftmost) of the panel.
I don't mind if the whole array shifts or just two labels swap places:
apple orange pear cherry melon
|
cherry apple orange pear melon
or
cherry orange pear apple melon
I've swapped array entries, then revalidate() and repaint(), but nothing happens.
Is there an easy way to move swing components around without removing all and then re-adding them to the panel or copying all the properties from one label to the other (I have others defined, not just the text)?
Here is a stripped down version of my code:
import javax.swing.*;
public class Test extends JPanel {
public Test () {
String entries[] = { "apple", "orange", "pear", "cherry", "melon" };
JLabel[] lbls = new JLabel[entries.length];
for (int i = 0; i < entries.length; ++i) {
lbls[i] = new JLabel();
lbls[i].setText(entries[i]);
add(lbls[i]);
}
// swap array entries
JLabel tmplbl = new JLabel();
tmplbl = lbls[3];
lbls[3] = lbls[0];
lbls[0] = tmplbl;
revalidate();
repaint();
}
public static void main(String[] args) {
SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
@Override
public void run() {
JFrame frame = new JFrame("Test");
frame.setContentPane(new Test());
frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
frame.setVisible(true);
frame.pack();
}
});
}
}

