After more research and a few hours lying awake in bed I came to the conclusion that having multiple subscribers to one subject/topic should be considered bad practice if the publisher wants to receive responses/acknowledgements in order to keep track of the status of the sent request/message/event.
After a few more thoughts I came to the conclusion that multiple subscribing services to the same subject are most likely never necessary - at least in my scenario as long as I design the services properly. The only scenario I could think of was the addition of certain features at a later point in time without touching the already deployed service. This feels like a fix for an unsuitable service design.
Then I thought how I could manage it anyways and came up with 3 approaches.
First the standard structure
No further explanation needed I suppose. Don't mind the details with some of the methods, it's just a brainstormed version which is definitely not ideal. It's enough to display the pattern.
Approach 1 - Aggregator collects responses
Since the Broker keeps track on every Subscriber it always knows (or can easily calculate) the number of responses to expect. It therefore could redirect the response messages to an Aggregator Subject that gets automatically created when a message is being sent/published that needs a response or message of success (think of an update of some customer data - you obviously want to know that the message got through and successfully processed).
Of course, the Aggregator could always be inbetween even if there's just one response coming back. That'd reduce the amount of cases to cover. The Aggregator is basically some sort of proxy. It still adds complexity to the Broker though.
Approach 2 - Broker publishes acknowledge messages
First of all: don't mind the mess with the connections on the right. It works for me as a sketch but is far from tidy.
Every message that is being published is being answered with an acknowledge message by the Broker. That message is being put on the messages individual subject stack. Since the Broker knows how many Subscribers every Subject has, it can send back how many responses a Publisher should expect. Acknowledge messages in general are also usefull to notify Publishers wether their message/event/request was accepted or not as well (think of a authentication and authorization pattern here).
This will work as long as the Publisher always wants a response. If it doesn't messages could stick around for quite a while. A timeout could solve this.
Approach 3 - Transport Protocol Responses
This is very similar to approach 2 with the difference that the transport protocol is being used to inform the Publisher about the status of the sent request and the potential number of responses to expect.
Since most if not all protocols suitable for this kind of topography offer some way of response messages and since those should be used anyway to verify that the message has been successfully sent in the first place, the answer could also contain a payload informing the client not only about the successful transfer but also about how many responses to expect.
Conclusion
I'd say the Aggregator approach is too much overhead and it needs more extra code than just using either the transport protocol or the message system itself. The Aggregator is interesting because the client can be entirely oblivious about the services and is therefore decoupled.
The usage of the message system is interesting for logging purposes as well (potential debugging) and the implementation of Sagas (chains of events).
Note
I do not promote any of these approaches as being best practice. I solely want to answer my own question with the results of my research.