I have two methods that connect to the database and I try to avoid double code one of my methods is one that can run alon (open itself SqlConnection and close it)
another method using existing SqlConnection and using SqlTransaction also (I don't want to open another connection and also I don't want to close it)
my first method :
public static List<CSerieses> GetCSerieses(DeliveryReportObject DeliveryReportObject)
{
List<CSerieses> CSerieses = new List<CSerieses>();
try
{
using (SqlConnection openCon = new SqlConnection(connectionString))
{
string query = "SELECT [CSeriesNum],[CCount],[Mark] from [Serieses] " +
"where [TestPrimary]=@deliveryNumber";
SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(query, openCon);
command.Parameters.AddWithValue("@deliveryNumber", DeliveryReportObject.DeliveryNumber);
openCon.Open();
using (SqlDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader())
{
while (reader.Read())
{
CSerieses.Add(new CSerieses(reader.GetString(0), reader.GetInt32(1), reader.GetBoolean(2)));
}
}
openCon.Close();
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
LocalPulserDBManagerInstance.WriteLog(ex.StackTrace, ex.Message);
}
return CSerieses;
}
The method that using on the transaction :
public static List<CSerieses> GetCSerieses(DeliveryReportObject DeliveryReportObject,
SqlConnection co,SqlTransaction tran)
{
List<CSerieses> CSerieses = new List<CSerieses>();
try
{
using (co)
{
string query = "SELECT [CSeriesNum],[CCount],[Mark] from [Serieses] " +
"where [TestPrimary]=@deliveryNumber";
SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(query, co, tran);
command.Parameters.AddWithValue("@deliveryNumber", DeliveryReportObject.DeliveryNumber);
using (SqlDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader())
{
while (reader.Read())
{
CSerieses.Add(new CSerieses(reader.GetString(0), reader.GetInt32(1), reader.GetBoolean(2)));
}
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
LocalPulserDBManagerInstance.WriteLog(ex.StackTrace, ex.Message);
}
return CSerieses;
}
I try to combine them :
public static List<CSerieses> GetCSerieses(DeliveryReportObject DeliveryReportObject,
SqlConnection co = null,SqlTransaction tran = null)
{
List<CSerieses> CSerieses = new List<CSerieses>();
try
{
using (co ?? new SqlConnection(connectionString))
{
if (co.IsOpened() == false)
{
co.Open();
}
string query = "SELECT [CSeriesNum],[CCount],[Mark] from [Serieses] " +
"where [TestPrimary]=@deliveryNumber";
SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(query, co, tran);
if(tran != null)
{
command.Transaction = tran;
}
command.Parameters.AddWithValue("@deliveryNumber", DeliveryReportObject.DeliveryNumber);
using (SqlDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader())
{
while (reader.Read())
{
CSerieses.Add(new CSerieses(reader.GetString(0), reader.GetInt32(1), reader.GetBoolean(2)));
}
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
LocalPulserDBManagerInstance.WriteLog(ex.StackTrace, ex.Message);
}
return CSerieses;
}
It does not work for me. I have no idea how to check if it null in using and if yes to create a new instance of SqlConnection that should close at the end of the using statement And I do it the right way anyway?