Uncaught Error: jQuery not found running Meteor 1.10.2 app

Viewed 161

When I run my Meteor (version 1.10.2) app on firefox. the console prints:

Error: jQuery not found                           dombackend.js:8:8
    module dombackend.js:8
    fileEvaluate modules-runtime.js:346
    require modules-runtime.js:248
    require modules-runtime.js:268
    <anonymous> blaze.js:3735
    <anonymous> blaze.js:3754
TypeError: Package.blaze is undefined             spacebars.js:22:13
    <anonymous> http://localhost:3000/packages/spacebars.js?hash=6f2be25813c793c0b363a6a91ebb029723f294ec:22
    <anonymous> http://localhost:3000/packages/spacebars.js?hash=6f2be25813c793c0b363a6a91ebb029723f294ec:331

I read other posts but it was not the same exact error (i.e. some map file) and not the same meteor version. I am copying some code files over from old app that I want to run under the current meteor version. Any suggestions on how to fix these errors?

Thanks

Edit to answer questions in the comment: App originally ran under meteor 1.7.0.1. App now is expected to run by meteor 1.10.2 installed by chocolatey on windows 10.

2 Answers

run this cmd meteor add jquery will be work

I am copying some code files over from old app

From my understanding, you are trying to upgrade meteor from 1.7.0.1 to 1.10.2

If this the case, I would argue coping source code is the right approach to the job. you miss all the package dependencies in the old setup.

I would suggest you keep the source code in the old package, just bumping up the meteor version, update dependent packages, try to run the app, then fix the broken changes if necessary.

Related