Cannot create/upload or open notebooks using Google Colab

Viewed 1506

I have the following issues:

  • I cannot create a new Notebook using Google Colab
  • I cannot open/upload a Notebook using Google Colab
  • I can see Notebooks such as Welcome To Google Colaboratory

  • Until yesterday everything worked perfectly

  • I assume that I can open everything that is not linked to my Google Drive

I get the following error:

Notebook loading error There was an error loading this notebook. Ensure that the file is accessible and try again.

Could not fetch resource at https://clients6.google.com/drive/v2beta/files/1RePbtAcs2yXW5iEl2qAS-xsGNbP_6T7u?alt=media&key=AIzaSyCN_sSPJMpYrAzC5AtTrltNC8oRmLtoqBk&%24unique=1591516436185: 403 Forbidden https://drive.google.com/drive/?action=locate&id=1RePbtAcs2yXW5iEl2qAS-xsGNbP_6T7u&authuser=0

2 Answers

The response of "Forbidden" indicates that you have a permissions issue. You say you tried to open the notebook in incognito mode and failed, like that was unexpected, so the problem is not your authentication.

Either your drive permissions, folder permissions, or file permissions are not set correctly to allow public access.

Old Pro has said it right, I believe, you might need to allow Google Colab access to your Google Drive all over again, I would delete the extension, and reinstall the extension. Accept the permissions it's asking for to your Google Drive. Then try to create a Google Colab Notebook.

Reference: These are just my thoughts after working with Google Colab myself.

Related