I am using the Binance Python API (Python 3.x)
When one uses the “create_order” functionality, it creates an order on the SPOT exchange with a STATUS of NEW. When it gets filled, the STATUS goes to FILLED.
Also, when it is FILLED, my understanding is that a POSITION is being created (Long or Short)
My question is as follows: What endpoint can I use to get a list of the Open Positions.
Why do I want this? If a Position is on the SELL side, I would like to execute a BUY to close it. If a Position is on the BUY side, I would like to execute a SELL to close it.
Can this be done?
Any help, hints or advice would be ~greatly~ appreciated.
TIA
@michaeldel ETA: I am using this here: https://python-binance.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
For the Orders, I have been following: https://python-binance.readthedocs.io/en/latest/account.html?highlight=orders#orders
Can you note what the equivalent would be the equivalent under this (Python) API?
I have been using: "get_all_orders" with a focus of the "STATUS" being "FILLED". https://python-binance.readthedocs.io/en/latest/binance.html#binance.client.Client.get_all_orders
I was looking for Open Positions (not Orders)
If a BTCUSDT SELL Position that has status=FILLED with a origQty =.20, I want to be able to reverse it with a BUY and a Quantity of .20
If a BTCUSDT BUY Position has status=FILLED and a origQty=.30, I want to be able to reverse it with a SELL and a Quantity of .30
Does this make sense?
Is there a better way to do it? Am I missing something?
Thanks for the input!