I'm working with a JSON file contains some unknown-encoded strings as the example below:
"L\u00c3\u00aa Nguy\u00e1\u00bb\u0085n Ph\u00c3\u00ba"
I have loaded this text by using json.load() function in Python 3.7 environment and tried to encode/decode it with some methods I found around the Internet but I still cannot get the proper string as I expected. (In this case, it has to be Lê Nguyễn Phú).
My question is, which is the encoding method they used and how to parse this text in a proper way in Python?
Because the JSON file comes from an external source that I didn't handle so that I cannot know or make any changes in the process of encoding the text.
[Updated] More details:
The JSON file looks like this:
{
"content":"L\u00c3\u00aa Nguy\u00e1\u00bb\u0085n Ph\u00c3\u00ba"
}
Firstly, I loaded the JSON file:
with open(json_path, 'r') as f:
data = json.load(f)
But when I extract the content, it's not what I expected:
string = data.get('content', '')
print(string)
'Lê Nguyá»\x85n Phú'