Turn off word wrap on Github split diff viewer

Viewed 493

I've looked everywhere in the settings in Github and found nothing where I can take the word-wrap off on GitHub. Every time I google it, I never get answers about GitHub specifically because google thinks I'm looking for repositories that have this issue or something so it like gives me stuff like issues and Pull Requests.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:sample diff of word wrap on GitHub

The fact that it wraps makes it practically unreadable to me. Does anyone know of a way to turn this off?

The weird thing is that both Team Foundation Server and Github are owned by Microsoft and TFS has no word wrap, so you'd think Github would at least have the ability to toggle it off.

1 Answers

I think the best you can do is write github and request the feature.

I agree, sometimes it's better not to wrap. When not wrapping though I prefer a UI that keeps both sides in sync while horizontally scrolling.

enter image description here

Related