Is react-native good for both web development and mobile development

Viewed 6286

I have to do a project that includes a mobile app and a web app. So I choose the React.js for the web application and the react-native for the mobile app. Both mobile and web have the same functionalities. If I choose react native for both, is it better or not.

As well as I want to know, although the functionalities of mobile and web app are different, is it better to use React Native for both?

1 Answers

It depends on your requirements and choice.

React Native supports for the Web from version >= 0.60. If both of your mobile application and Web application will have almost the same features, then go for React Native for Web. Then you can write your code once and use it on all Android, iOS, and Web platforms. You can save your time a lot in that case.

But, if your web application will have different functionalities, I recommend you to go with React JS. You can use wonderful libraries such as material-ui for your UI designs.

Like that, both options have pros and cons. So, it depends on your requirements and choice.

Related