Want to tag runs

Viewed 36

I need to tag a TextRange (specifically a TextRange returned by Runs() ), but VBA in PowerPoint only allows you to tag presentations, slides, and shapes.

Working my way back up the object tree (run > TextRange > textframe > items > shapes), I discover that shapes are the closest taggable object.

I could do the tagging in the shape that contains the run, but I need a way to uniquely identify the run.

For instance, I could envision tagging the shape with key=unique_id_of_the_run, value=whatever, but I don’t know of anyway in VBA to get a unique for a run.

If there was a way to get a unique I’d (or memory address) of objects in general, I could use that as my unique key, but I don’t know how to get an object’s unique is in VBA.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Answers
Related