I want to use Instagram's Graph API on my backend server to retrieve data about an Instagram post. On my frontend, users will submit a post URL (like https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvPIm2lszQ/). Then on my backend, I want to take the ID of the post from that URL (so in this case CAvPIm2lszQ) and then I'm hoping that I can pass that ID thru the Instagram Graph API and then retrieve the data that I need (media URL, caption, poster username, etc.).
So would that be possible? I did find documentation on "IG Media" for the Graph API, but under permissions, it says, "A Facebook User access token from a User who created the IG Media object, with the following permissions.."
Unless I'm misunderstanding it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to access posts from various public accounts. I think it's also worth mentioning that my users are not logging into their Instagram accounts to use my service so the only possible "User access token" would be my own.
Any ideas on how I can go about this? I was using the instagram.com/p/{post_id}/?__a=1 endpoint to meet my needs before but it doesn't work on my production server for some reason. So I'm kinda stuck.