I'm using react native maps with the <LocalTile /> component to render custom maps in a react-native app.
This is all good and it's working but the tiles I'm using just cover a limited area and what I'm wondering is; is there a way to make react-native-maps fallback to use the native provider tiles when tiles defined with pathTemplate are not available? This seems only to be an issue on iOS because Android renders the google maps tiles behind the local tiles - this is the behaviour I'd like for iOS with apple maps as well.
Essentially I want to be able to render the custom map tiles that I have, and then have it fallback to the standard map for everything else.
const pathTemplate = `${RNFS.DocumentDirectoryPath}/map-tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.png`;
......
<MapView>
<LocalTile pathTemplate={pathTemplate} tileSize={256} />
</MapView>
Currently on iOS it just renders empty space with labels where the local tile set is not covered.