I had to investigate when a certain cookie was being set but unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out just seeking in the codebase. So as usual, when the game gets tough, I go and set a symbolic breakpoint. This time, against all odds, I wasn't able to.
In particular, I have been trying to set a symbolic breakpoint to the NSHTTPCookieStorage method setCookie: and neither from the Breakpoint navigator nor from the debug console I couldn't manage to set it.
For example:
(lldb) br set -F '-[NSHTTPCookieStorage setCookie:]'
Breakpoint 6: no locations (pending).
WARNING: Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.
I have also tried to set the Module (Foundation) but nothing changed. The same happened also for the NSURLSession method downloadTaskWithResumeData:completionHandler: Then I tried with some other Foundation's classes and it always worked, except for all of those who are part of this group inside the Apple Documentation as NSHTTPCookieStorage and NSURLSession.
I thought it could be related to some security concerns but I also remember I applied a symbolic breakpoint to some Keychain and SecKey's symbols.
Did anyone else experience the same? I haven't found any doc where something similar was mentioned.
