I am trying to install NodeJS for windows 7. I tried installing the most recent NodeJS but it is not compatible with Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone knows what is the latest version of NodeJS you can install on Windows 7? Thank you.
I am trying to install NodeJS for windows 7. I tried installing the most recent NodeJS but it is not compatible with Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone knows what is the latest version of NodeJS you can install on Windows 7? Thank you.
Update: Oct 2021, the latest versions working with below "trick" are:
Because Node updated from
libuv v1.40tov1.41, and with that, causing Win7 errors:ws2_32.dlldoes not haveGetHostNameWfunction (or something alike).
The v12.x branch seems to continue supporting Win7 (tested 2021 with Node v12.22.7).
But I needed 14.x version-branch and ended solving problem;
I just installed Node 14.15.0, like:
npm, which is in node_modules/npm directory; I didn't copy from the zip because I already updated npm before replacing the files)NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK and set it to 1Latest node.js version that (officially) supports Windows 7 is 13.6.0. https://nodejs.org/download/release/v13.6.0/
It seems that v13.14.0 is the last installer that works on Window 7
go here and select the package related to your version of windows 32 / 64 bits:
I just install in Windows 7 x64 this version