Can an Azure hosted Logic App connect to an on-premise Azure DevOps Server (formerly known as Team Foundation Server)

Viewed 330

I am trying to set up a webhook via Logic Apps to Azure DevOps Server (TFS). The idea is to automate a work item (bug) creation in our team backlog triggered by Azure Monitor Metric alerts.

I have a gut feeling that this might be a dead end as we host our TFS on premise.

Can't seem to find any TFS connector on the official list

There is an Azure DevOps conector but seems like it is for Azure DevOps (cloud hosted).

How about deploying the Logic Apps within our Azure Vnet? That is the usual option for any cloud hosted service reach our on premise servers. Is it possible?

Does anyone have experience with something like this?

2 Answers

You can actually use the MS On-Premises Data Gateway installed on an on-premises machine on the same LAN where the on-premises DevOps (TFS) is. Then you create a custom Logic App Connector and connect to DevOps (TFS) through its REST API. I didn't do it yet, but I used some very similar architecture to tackle various Logic Apps connections to on-premises systems (using both REST and SOAP protocols). I believe it's a simpler and more robust solution than relying on Azure's Vnet and using a Logic App connector that is not intended to be used with on-premises DevOps (TFS) - AFAICT. The REST API path for both services (cloud and on-premises) are different, so the Vnet approach may not work as expected.

Related