I'm running the intro tutorial for Docker on Mac and am getting an error as follows:
docker run -d -p 80:80 --name docker-tutorial docker101tutorial
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/docker-tutorial" is already in use by container "c5a91ef51a529a00dcbef180560dc2b392f3d9ab05b8c29fa1bf640d64271de7". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name. See 'docker run --help'.
Can you advise on this error — it seems that I would need to delete a prior container? But I don't believe I created one.
Can anyone please advise as to how to troubleshoot this issue as I am not very proficient in terminal and am new to Docker.
When I type docker ps -a, I get:
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
f5ed32612a0a ubuntu "bash" 27 minutes ago Exited (129) 22 minutes ago happy_tesla
b179c651b8d7 hello-world "/hello" 40 minutes ago Exited (0) 40 minutes ago mystifying_rubin
c5a91ef51a52 docker101tutorial "/docker-entrypoint.…" 42 minutes ago Created docker-tutorial
916e57976203 hello-world "/hello" 48 minutes ago Exited (0) 48 minutes ago exciting_dewdney