I try to append a dictionary into a list, but I find the sub-dictionary is always keep the last one I read from CSV file(deviceProfile.csv). Does anyone know why? Here is my CSV file.
name,description,primaryTable,startingAddress,boolIndex
test_name_1,1,table_1,1,1
test_name_2,2,table_2,2,2
test_name_3,3,table_3,3,3
Here is my python code.
import csv
import yaml
from pprint import pprint
resource = {
'name': "",
'description': "",
'attributes':
{ 'primaryTable': "", 'startingAddress': "", 'boolIndex': "" },
}
resourceArray = []
with open("deviceProfile.csv") as f:
myCsvDic = csv.DictReader(f)
for row in myCsvDic:
resource['name'] = row['name']
resource['description'] = row['description']
resource['attributes']['primaryTable'] = row['primaryTable']
resource['attributes']['startingAddress'] = row['startingAddress']
resource['attributes']['boolIndex'] = row['boolIndex']
test = resource.copy()
resourceArray.append(test)
pprint (resourceArray)
And the result is
[{'attributes': {'boolIndex': '3',
'primaryTable': 'table_3',
'startingAddress': '3'},
'description': '1',
'name': 'test_name_1'},
{'attributes': {'boolIndex': '3',
'primaryTable': 'table_3',
'startingAddress': '3'},
'description': '2',
'name': 'test_name_2'},
{'attributes': {'boolIndex': '3',
'primaryTable': 'table_3',
'startingAddress': '3'},
'description': '3',
'name': 'test_name_3'}]
It is strange that name and description are appended into list correctly, but attributes. The attributes is always append the last sub-dictionary.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.