Whenver I try to run p4 command p4 change -o or pythonically p4.fetch_change()
I get this error message !
[Error]: "Client 'hostname' unknown - use 'client' command to create it."
Does anyone know why am I getting this ?
Whenver I try to run p4 command p4 change -o or pythonically p4.fetch_change()
I get this error message !
[Error]: "Client 'hostname' unknown - use 'client' command to create it."
Does anyone know why am I getting this ?
You don't have a client workspace defined. The changelist spec you get from p4 change -o is the spec for the default pending changelist associated with your current client. If you don't have a client, you'll get that error. You'll see the same behavior for any other command that depends on a client spec (which is most of them).
As the error says, use p4 client to define a new client specification. If you already have a client for hostname, use p4 set to set P4CLIENT to the name of that client.