I need help to create orders using the bittrex version 3 REST API. I have the code below and I can't understand what is missing to work. I can make other GET calls, but I cannot make this POST request. I don't know how to deal with the passing of parameters.
Official documentation at https://bittrex.github.io/api/v3#tag-Orders.
def NewOrder(market, amount, price):
#print 'open sell v3', market
market = 'HEDG-BTC'#'BTC-'+market
uri = 'https://api.bittrex.com/v3/orders?'
params = {
'marketSymbol': 'BTC-HEDG',#'HEDG-BTC', #market
'direction': 'BUY',
'type': 'LIMIT',
'quantity': amount,
'limit': price,
'timeInForce': 'POST_ONLY_GOOD_TIL_CANCELLED',
'useAwards': True
}
timestamp = str(int(time.time()*1000))
Content = ""
contentHash = hashlib.sha512(Content.encode()).hexdigest()
Method = 'POST'
uri2 = buildURI(uri, params)
#uri2 = 'https://api.bittrex.com/v3/orders?direction=BUY&limit=0.00021&marketSymbol=HEDG-BTC&quantity=1.1&timeInForce=POST_ONLY_GOOD_TIL_CANCELLED&type=LIMIT&useAwards=True'
#print uri2
PreSign = timestamp + uri2 + Method + contentHash# + subaccountId
#print PreSign
Signature = hmac.new(apisecret, PreSign.encode(), hashlib.sha512).hexdigest()
headers = {
'Api-Key' : apikey,
'Api-Timestamp' : timestamp,
'Api-Content-Hash': contentHash,
'Api-Signature' : Signature
}
r = requests.post(uri2, data={}, headers=headers, timeout=11)
return json.loads(r.content)
NewOrder('HEDG', 1.1, 0.00021)
And my error message:
{u'code': u'BAD_REQUEST', u'data': {u'invalidRequestParameter': u'direction'}, u'detail': u'Refer to the data field for specific field validation failures.'}