I have done this in model...
const CREATED_AT = 'creation_date';
const UPDATED_AT = 'last_update';
And it doesn't work.
In migration file I have done...
$table->timestamps();
I have done this in model...
const CREATED_AT = 'creation_date';
const UPDATED_AT = 'last_update';
And it doesn't work.
In migration file I have done...
$table->timestamps();
/**
* Add nullable creation and update timestamps to the table.
*
* @param int $precision
* @return void
*/
public function timestamps($precision = 0)
{
$this->timestamp('created_at', $precision)->nullable();
$this->timestamp('updated_at', $precision)->nullable();
}
This is the timestamps method inside Illuminate\Database\Schema\Blueprint method. Overriding CREATED_AT or UPDATED_AT has nothing to do with that. It will create created_at and updated_at column in your table.
You may use timestamp such as $table->timestamp(MYMODEL:: CREATED_AT);
/**
* Create a new timestamp column on the table.
*
* @param string $column
* @param int $precision
* @return \Illuminate\Database\Schema\ColumnDefinition
*/
public function timestamp($column, $precision = 0)
{
return $this->addColumn('timestamp', $column, compact('precision'));
}