I am trying to build a query from multi-year data set (tickets table) of support tickets, with relevant columns of ticked_id, status, created_on date and closed_on date for each ticket. There is also a generic dates table I can join/query to a list of dates.
I'd like to create a "burn down" chart for this year that displays the number of open tickets that were at least a year old on any given date this year. I have been able to create tables that use a sum(case... statement to group by a date - for example to show how many tickets were created on a given week - but I can't figure out how to group by every day or week this year the number of tickets that were open on that day and at least a year old.
Any help is appreciated.
Example Data:
ticket_id | status | created_on | closed_on
--------------------------------------------
1 open 1/5/2019
2 open 1/26/2019
3 closed 1/28/2019 2/1/2020
4 open 6/1/2019
5 closed 6/5/2019 1/1/2020
Example Results I Seek:
Date (2020) | Count of Year+ Aged Tickets
------------------------------------------------
1/1/2020 0
1/2/2020 0
1/3/2020 0
1/4/2020 0
1/5/2020 1
1/6/2020 1
... (skipping dates here but want all dates in results)...
1/25/2020 1
1/26/2020 2
1/27/2020 2
1/28/2020 3
1/29/2020 3
1/30/2020 3
1/31/2020 3
2/1/2020 2
... (skipping dates here but want all dates up to current date in results)...
ticket_id 1reached one year of age on 1/5/2020 and is still open (remains in count)ticket_id 2reached one year of age on 1/26/2020 and is still open (remains in count)ticket_id 3reached one year of age on 1/28/2020 and was still open, adding to the count, but was closed on 2/1/2020, reducing the countticket_id 4will only add to the count if it is still open on 6/1/2020, but not if it is closed before thenticket_id 5will never appear in the count because it never reached one year of age and is closed