c++ standard library header not recognized

Viewed 371

I'm working on a multithreaded project in c++ and am trying to use a semaphore, from what I read in the documentation c++ has a semaphore, but when I try to include the header

#include <semaphore>

It does not autocomplete and I get a compiler error saying the header file is not recognized.
According to the documentation,

This header is part of the thread support library.

Does this mean I would need to add some prefix to the #include? Or include some other dependant header? I can't figure out why this won't work and I can't find anything about this anywhere, any help would be appreciated.

I'm on a temporary machine and just installed visual studio on it a couple of days ago, so everything should be up to date.

1 Answers

As can be seen here, none of the listed compilers have currently implemented this c++20 feature.

Related