What are some good resources for getting started with/learning APL?

Viewed 89

I'm trying to get started with APL and any related IDEs, tools, compilers, etc. I may need to install locally. I also looked at the APL repl online, but all the symbols seem to be very tough to type (I don't even know where to get started).

I would like to know of any online resources, software or packages I need to install, as well as books or courses on APL. I don't think there was a good answer on StackOverflow about this question, so I would be very grateful if anyone can point me towards the right direction.

1 Answers

A great portal for APL resources is APL Wiki.

I think Dyalog APL is the friendliest interpreter for local install.

For an easy to use online REPL, check out Try APL which has a floating keyboard, a click-to-insert "Primer" for the symbols, and also allows using backtick ` as a prefix key to type. APL Wiki has more in-depth information on typing glyphs.

APL Wiki is again the place to go to for learning resources.

Finally, the APL Orchard is a very active chat room here on Stack Exchange, where plenty of friendly APLers are ready to help, explain, discuss, and teach. I'll always respond if you ping me with @Adám there ― and when I'm online, often immediately.

Related