Why Do I get Xcode 1.5 not supported?

Viewed 5068

I am trying to install Cairo/Xlib on macOS I couldn't get this to work

cmake -G "Xcode" --config Debug "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug" ../.

    CMake Error:
  Xcode 1.5 not supported.


CMake Error: Could not create named generator Xcode

Generators
* Unix Makefiles               = Generates standard UNIX makefiles.
  Ninja                        = Generates build.ninja files.
  Ninja Multi-Config           = Generates build-<Config>.ninja files.
  Xcode                        = Generate Xcode project files.
  CodeBlocks - Ninja           = Generates CodeBlocks project files.
  CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles  = Generates CodeBlocks project files.
  CodeLite - Ninja             = Generates CodeLite project files.
  CodeLite - Unix Makefiles    = Generates CodeLite project files.
  Sublime Text 2 - Ninja       = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
  Sublime Text 2 - Unix Makefiles
                               = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
  Kate - Ninja                 = Generates Kate project files.
  Kate - Unix Makefiles        = Generates Kate project files.
  Eclipse CDT4 - Ninja         = Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
  Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles= Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
5 Answers

See also this:)

https://wiki.vcmi.eu/How_to_build_VCMI_(macOS)

Installing Xcode
App Store -> Xcode Launch it after the installation to agree with it's license terms.

Alternatively Xcode can be downloaded from Apple Developers website. Registration is easier and every possible version is available: https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

Setting Xcode version Xcode
In case you have some weird CMake errors during generation attempts such as

CMake Error: Xcode 1.5 not supported.
You might need to specify installed version of Xcode:

sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --switch /Users/admin/Downloads/Xcode.app
After that Cmake will be able to generate projects properly!

or just do

cmake ../
make

After I moved Xcode to the applications folder (it was somehow installed in the download folder) this error has gone.

I get the same error but instead of using the graphical CMake, I added the path to the CMake in the Application folder /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/ to zshell path, then started the makefile creation from terminal. It worked.

I then use ./make and the compilation worked.

Related