I'm using VSCode to create a C++ project and keep getting this error when trying to build && debug. When running from console if I use 'g++ -o main 'main.cpp' 'file_1.cpp' 'file_2.cpp'' it works and compiles correctly.
I have read that this is something to do with the linking of files? Does anyone know how to fix this in VSCode? I have a default launch.json configuration file that builds the active file if this helps.
Here is the contents of my tasks.json file:
{
"version": "2.0.0",
"tasks": [
{
"type": "shell",
"label": "shell: g++ build active file",
"command": "/usr/bin/g++",
"args": [
"-g",
"${file}",
"-o",
"${fileDirname}/${fileBasenameNoExtension}"
],
"options": {
"cwd": "/usr/bin"
},
"problemMatcher": [
"$gcc"
],
"group": {
"kind": "build",
"isDefault": true
}
},
{
"type": "shell",
"label": "g++ build active file",
"command": "/usr/bin/g++",
"args": [
"-g",
"${file}",
"-o",
"${fileDirname}/${fileBasenameNoExtension}"
],
"options": {
"cwd": "/usr/bin"
}
}
]
}
EDIT: I'm using Debian 10 'Buster'
Many thanks