Has anyone tried using date as a slider for Altair interactive scatter plots?
I'm trying to reproduce a similar plot to the gapminder scatter: 1) Instead of a year filter I'm trying to use a date e.g. '2020-01-05' and having the follow error:
altair.vegalite.v4.schema.core.BindRange->max, validating 'type'
'2020-05-17T00:00:00' is not of type 'number'
2) When I try to parse it as an int, nothing shows up in the plot 3) Examples of using the Year slider: https://www.datacamp.com/community/tutorials/altair-in-python https://altair-viz.github.io/gallery/multiple_interactions.html 4) Also a timestamp option wouldn't be ideal as the date needs to be readable Would appreciate any help. Thanks
#Date Slider
from altair import datum
from datetime import datetime
import altair as alt
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import datetime as dt
date_slider = alt.binding_range(min=min(df['date']), max=max(df['date']), step=1)
slider_selection = alt.selection_single(bind=date_slider, fields=['date'], name="Date", init={'week_starting': max(df[‘date’]})
alt.Chart(df).mark_point(filled=True).encode(
x='mom_pct',
y='yoy_pct',
size='n_queries',
color='vertical',
tooltip = ['vertical', 'yoy_pct', 'mom_pct']
).properties(
width=800,
height=600
).add_selection(slider_selection).transform_filter(slider_selection)

