I have an observable inside a function. The function happens in a certain queue, queueA, and the observable is subscribed to with observeOn(schedulerB). In onNext, I'm changing a class variable.
In another function, I'm changing the same class variable, from a different queue.
Here is some code to demonstrate my situation:
class SomeClass {
var commonResource: [String: String] = [:]
var queueA = DispatchQueue(label: "A")
var queueB = DispatchQueue(label: "B")
var schedulerB = ConcurrentDispatchQueueScheduler(queue: QueueB)
func writeToResourceInOnNext() {
let obs: PublishSubject<String> = OtherClass.GetObservable()
obs.observeOn(schedulerB)
.subscribe(onNext: { [weak self] res in
// this happens on queue B
self.commonResource["key"] = res
}
}
func writeToResource() {
// this happens on queue A
commonResource["key"] = "otherValue"
}
}
My question is, is it likely to have concurrency issues, if commonResource is modified in both places at the same time?
What is the common practice for writing/reading from class/global variables inside onNext in an observable with observeOn?
Thanks all!