@Injectable()
export class UserEffects {
constructor(
private store$: Store<fromRoot.State>,
private actions$: Actions,
private router: Router,
private chatService: ChatService,
private authService: AuthService,
private db: AngularFireAuth,
private http: HttpClient
) { }
@Effect()
login$: Observable<Action> = this.actions$.pipe(
ofType(UserActions.LOGIN),
switchMap((action: UserActions.LoginAction) =>
from(this.db.auth.signInWithEmailAndPassword(action.payload.email, action.payload.password)),
),
// switchMapTo(from(this.db.auth.currentUser.getIdToken())),
switchMapTo(from(this.db.authState.pipe(
take(1),
switchMap((user)=>{
if (user)
return from(user.getIdToken());
else
return of(null);
})
))),
switchMap(token => this.http.post(environment.apiUrl + '/api/login', { token: token })),
tap((response: any) => {
if (response.valid === 'true') {
localStorage.setItem('token', response.token);
this.router.navigate(['dash']);
}
}),
map(response => new UserActions.LoginSuccessAction({ response })),
catchError(error => {
return of({
type: UserActions.LOGIN_FAILURE,
payload: error
});
})
);
@Effect({ dispatch: false })
loginSuccess$: Observable<Action> = this.actions$.pipe(
ofType(UserActions.LOGIN_SUCCESS),
tap((action: UserActions.LoginSuccessAction) => {
console.log("LOGIN_SUCCESS");
console.log(action);
}));
@Effect({ dispatch: false })
loginFailure$: Observable<Action> = this.actions$.pipe(
ofType(UserActions.LOGIN_FAILURE),
tap((action: UserActions.LoginFailureAction)=>{
console.log("LOGIN_FAILURE");
console.log(action.payload.code);
}));
}
Use case: You are at a login page. You enter your username and password to call LoginAction. If all goes well, LoginSuccessAction should be called. Otherwise, LoginFailureAction should be called.
Everything works except one case:
Once LoginFailureAction is called once, neither LoginSuccessAction nor LoginFailureAction will be called again. I am at a loss of why this is happening. I think it may have something to do with the line:
catchError(error => { return of({ type: UserActions.LOGIN_FAILURE, payload: error }); })
but here I am lost. I am not an expert on reactive programming, but it all works as it's supposed to except this one case. Does anyone have an idea why this occurs?