chrome 83 started crashing since upgrade

Viewed 2327

Since the upgrade my angular e2e tests started failing with following message.

I am using directConnect: true and all my tests are using async/await. It looks it is crashing and does not always crash at the same point in my tests - and I do have some test running successfully. Disabled sharding as well.

- Failed: unknown error: session deleted because of page crash from unknown error: cannot determine loading status from tab crashed (Session info: headless chrome=83.0.4103.61) (Driver info: chromedriver=83.0.4103.39 (ccbf011cb2d2b19b506d844400483861342c20cd-refs/branch-heads/4103@{#416}),platform=Linux 3.10.0-1127.el7.x86_64 x86_64)

UPDATE: 6/1/2020 After adding more shared memory (finding CI runners that have more memory) this problem is gone. Still leaves the problem in a "mystery mode".

Update 6/2/2020:

Chrome Flags

    'headless',
    'verbose',
    'w3c=false',
    'disable-infobars',
    'window-size=1440x1080',
    'disable-dev-shm-usage',
    'disable-gpu',
    'incognito',
    'disable-extensions',
    'disable-plugins',
    'no-sandbox'
2 Answers

I'm using chrome headless in podman and I've run into the same issue, here's what seems to work for me:

  1. increase /dev/shm
  2. remove "disable-dev-shm-usage" option

I needed the option in the past because it was impossible to change default /dev/shm size in a proprietary cloud software I'm using, looks like it's broken in the last chrome release. The funny thing is - chrome also runs much faster after the changes

same here, after every update they want us to suffer, to find a pass to buddhism

Related