How can I remove the labels in a bibliography list with biblatex?

Viewed 1607

In bibtex it is very easy to remove all labels in the bibliography; as, for instance, described here https://stackoverflow.com/a/3003759/6936361.

I cannot find the equivalent to

\makeatletter
\def\@biblabel#1{}
\makeatother

for biblatex.

If I have, for example, this code:

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage[style=alphabetic]{biblatex}

\addbibresource{foo.bib}
\begin{document}

\nocite{*}
\printbibliography
\end{document}

I get this enter image description here

Instead, I would like to have something like this: enter image description here How can I remove the labels in the bibliography list without changing the style with biblatex?

1 Answers

As a quick hack, you can redefine the bibliography environment:

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage[style=alphabetic]{biblatex}

\addbibresource{biblatex-examples.bib}

\defbibenvironment{bibliography}
  {\list
     {}
     {%
      \setlength{\labelwidth}{0pt}%
      \setlength{\leftmargin}{0pt}%
      \setlength{\labelsep}{0pt}%
      \addtolength{\leftmargin}{0pt}%
      \setlength{\itemsep}{\bibitemsep}%
      \setlength{\parsep}{\bibparsep}}%
      \renewcommand*{\makelabel}[1]{##1\hss}}
  {\endlist}
  {\item}


\begin{document}
\cite{knuth:ct:a}
\nocite{*}
\printbibliography
\end{document}

enter image description here

(personally I would use an authoryear style instead to avoid having labels in text without any correspondence in the bibliography)

Related