Data Studio: regex in not working when character appears more than once

Viewed 110

I need to capture everything between "-" characters.

For example:

Example 1: vivo - La reina soy yo I need: La reina soy yo.

Example 2: VOD - Te volveré a encontrar - Temporada 1 - Cap 23 I need: Te volveré a encontrar.

I've this regex, that is only working for example 1 cases:

REGEXP_EXTRACT(Etiqueta de evento, ".*\\- (.*) ?\\-?")

Google documentation for REGEXP_EXTRACT here

What I need to change, so it works for string like example 2?

It should return what is highlighted in green, not in yellow.

enter image description here

1 Answers

You need to use

REGEXP_EXTRACT(Etiqueta de evento, "^.*? - (.*?)(?: - |$)")

See the regex demo.

Details

  • ^ - start of string
  • .*? - any 0 or more chars other than line break chars, as few as possible
  • - - a - string
  • (.*?) - Capturing group: any 0 or more chars other than line break chars, as few as possible
  • (?: - |$) - a non-capturing group matching either - or end of string.
Related