I recently started making a little website project and I'm struggling a bit with customizing my scrollbar.
I got so far that the scrollbar is only visible when you hover over it but that's not exactly my goal. I want it to be hidden when the user didn't scroll for a certain period of time. This is what I got so far:
<style>
::-webkit-scrollbar {
width: 6px;
height: 12px;
}
::-webkit-scrollbar-track {
background: rgba(242, 242, 242, 0);
}
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {
background: rgba(221, 221, 221, 0);
border-radius: 3px;
}
/*Commented because I don't want it to show when I just hover the site
body:hover::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {
background: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}
*/
body.scrolling::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb,
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal:hover,
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical:hover {
background: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal:active,
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical:active {
background: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}
</style>
<script>$(window).scroll(function() {
$('body').addClass('scrolling');
alert("!!");
clearTimeout($.data(this, 'scrollTimer'));
$.data(this, 'scrollTimer', setTimeout(function() {
$('body').removeClass('scrolling');
}, 250));
});</script>
This is my first post on a forum like this so please just tell me if I have to provide more info and which info is missing.