I want to create a custom theme and customize some Material-UI components. I followed this customization tutorial provided by Material-UI. With this, I was able to do the following:
Creating costume theme:
//MUI THEMING
import {
createMuiTheme,
makeStyles,
ThemeProvider,
} from "@material-ui/core/styles";
import Theme from "./../../theme";
const useStyles = makeStyles((theme) => ({
root: {
backgroundColor: Theme.palette.primary.main,
},
}));
const theme = createMuiTheme({
normal: {
primary: Theme.palette.primary.main,
secondary: Theme.palette.secondary.main,
},
});
Using costume theme:
<ThemeProvider theme={theme}>
<AppBar
position="static"
classes={{
root: classes.root,
}}>
...
</AppBar>
</ThemeProvider>
As expected, this resulted in a costume colored AppBar:

However, when I tried the same with bottom navigation, -trying to change the default primary color-, I could not get it to work. I figured that based on the tutorial, I have to use "&$selected": in the create them to get it to work, but even with this my best result was something like this:
How do I change the primary color of Bottom Navigation with no label?
Sidenote: While I was searching for the solution, I stumbled on the default theme ovject. How can I access this, how can I overwrite it?
