How to find where UIWebView is being included in my project

Viewed 490

another UIWebView question. I've started working on a project that is being rejected by Apple with the following error:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

I've successfully removed references to UIWebView on other projects, but I can't find where the reference is coming from in this case.

So far I've tried the following:

  1. Searched for references to UIWebView in the project, and confirmed that there are none.
  2. Searched for references in dependencies using grep -r UIWebView ., and confirmed that there are none (after updating dependencies for the ones I found).
  3. Updated all pods to the latest versions.

However when I inspect the binary by running nm MyProject.app/MyProject | grep UIWebView it returns U _OBJC_CLASS_$_UIWebView, i.e. the reference is still there, hence it is still being rejected by Apple.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can locate where that reference is coming from?

0 Answers
Related