I am trying to migrate my application from Java 8 to Java 11. In of one of my project classes, I have the line Security.addProvider(new com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE());. I am getting a compile error for this line. How to resolve this?
I am trying to migrate my application from Java 8 to Java 11. In of one of my project classes, I have the line Security.addProvider(new com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE());. I am getting a compile error for this line. How to resolve this?
You can't access com.sun packages without explicitly setting them on your compile options. After adding --add-exports=java.base/com.sun.crypto.provider=ALL-UNNAMED to compilerArgs it compiles without any error.
Code:
Security.addProvider(new com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE());
Maven:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 https://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>com.example</groupId>
<artifactId>demo</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>demo</name>
<properties>
<java.version>11</java.version>
<maven.compiler.source>${java.version}</maven.compiler.source>
<maven.compiler.target>${java.version}</maven.compiler.target>
</properties>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
<version>3.8.1</version>
<configuration>
<source>11</source>
<target>11</target>
<compilerArgs>
<arg>--add-exports=java.base/com.sun.crypto.provider=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
</compilerArgs>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
</project>
java.security.Security.getProviders() returns you all the providers including the SunJCE.
Stream.of(java.security.Security.getProviders()).forEach(System.out::println);
So better option to get the SunJCE instane is java.security.Security.getProvider("SunJCE")