I'm using a navigation graph to navigate from fragment A to B with animation slide up duration =0.4s, but while 0.4s before fragment B appears, fragment A becomes a white screen, not keep state data and UI before.
Update: I tried to clone a sample project with some background color config at all screen. And I found that when navigating to fragment B, fragment A is removed and replaced by fragment B, so the main activity layout contains fragment is visible with the background color of it during 0.4s.
activity_main.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:background="#F1E78C"
tools:context="com.myricseptember.countryfact.ui.MainActivity">
<fragment
android:id="@+id/navigationHostFragment"
android:name="androidx.navigation.fragment.NavHostFragment"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
app:defaultNavHost="true"
app:navGraph="@navigation/countryfact_navigation_graph"/>
</android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>
fragment_country_list.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:background="#123456">
<android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView
android:id="@+id/countryRecyclerView"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:layout_alignParentStart="true"
android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
app:layoutManager="android.support.v7.widget.LinearLayoutManager"
tools:listitem="@layout/layout_list_item" />
</RelativeLayout>
fragment_country_detail.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ScrollView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:background="#CAEACB">
<android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent">
</android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>
</ScrollView>
countryfact_navigation_graph.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<navigation xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:id="@+id/countryfact_navigation_graph"
app:startDestination="@id/countryListFragment">
<fragment
android:id="@+id/countryListFragment"
android:name="com.myricseptember.countryfact.ui.list.CountryListFragment"
android:label="Country Fact"
tools:layout="@layout/fragment_country_list">
<action
android:id="@+id/action_countryListFragment_to_countryDetailsFragment"
app:destination="@id/countryDetailsFragment"
app:enterAnim="@anim/slide_up"
app:popExitAnim="@anim/slide_down" />
</fragment>
<fragment
android:id="@+id/countryDetailsFragment"
android:name="com.myricseptember.countryfact.ui.details.CountryDetailsFragment"
android:label="CountryDetailsFragment"
tools:layout="@layout/fragment_country_details" />
/>
</navigation>
=> How to custom navigation add fragment (not remove-replace) or custom handle remove A after fragment B transaction up?