I just bumped into some strange behaviour of DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE (at least for me). See my preset (executed as SYS):
-- Preset
drop user usr1 cascade;
create user usr1 identified by usr1;
create or replace procedure usr1.do_stuff(p1 in number, p2 in number)
is
begin
dbms_output.put_line('I did stuff!');
end;
/
drop user usr2 cascade;
create user usr2 identified by usr2;
grant connect to usr2;
grant create job to usr2;
drop role stuff_doer cascade;
create role stuff_doer;
grant execute on usr1.do_stuff to stuff_doer;
grant stuff_doer to usr2;
So I created 2 users, the first one has a procedure which is given to stuff_doer role. Later this role is given to usr2.
Then I check it as usr2:
SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.4.0 Production on Fri May 22 12:14:10 2020
Copyright (c) 1982, 2013, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Enter user-name: usr2@db
Enter password:
Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
SQL> set serveroutput on
SQL> set linesize 400
SQL> exec usr1.do_stuff(1,1);
I did stuff!
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
SQL> DECLARE
2 l_task_name VARCHAR2(100) := 'task_name';
3 l_splitter VARCHAR2(4000) := 'select 1, 1 from dual';
4 l_exec_stmt VARCHAR2(1000) := 'begin usr1.do_stuff(:start_id, :end_id); end;';
5 BEGIN
6 FOR line IN (SELECT d.task_name
7 FROM user_parallel_execute_tasks d
8 WHERE d.task_name = l_task_name)
9 LOOP
10 dbms_parallel_execute.drop_task(task_name => line.task_name);
11 END LOOP;
12
13 dbms_parallel_execute.create_task(l_task_name);
14 dbms_parallel_execute.create_chunks_by_sql(task_name => l_task_name
15 ,sql_stmt => l_splitter
16 ,by_rowid => FALSE);
17
18 dbms_parallel_execute.run_task(l_task_name
19 ,l_exec_stmt
20 ,dbms_sql.native);
21
22 COMMIT;
23
24 END;
25 /
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
SQL> column status format A20
SQL> select status from user_parallel_execute_tasks where task_name = 'task_name';
STATUS
--------------------
FINISHED_WITH_ERROR
SQL> column status format A20
SQL> column error_code format 900000
SQL> column error_message format A60
SQL> select status, ERROR_CODE, ERROR_MESSAGE from user_parallel_execute_chunks e where e.TASK_NAME = 'task_name';
STATUS ERROR_CODE ERROR_MESSAGE
-------------------- ---------- ------------------------------------------------------------
PROCESSED_WITH_ERROR -06550 ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'USR1.DO_STUFF' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
SQL>
See: when I execute do_stuff procedure directly - it finishes as expected. But when I use DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE I get identifier must be declared error. Am I missing something in granting privileges?
I found here this phrase: The CHUNK_BY_SQL, RUN_TASK, and RESUME_TASK subprograms require a query, and are executed using DBMS_SQL.
I tried to explicitly dbms_sql.parse my statement but it also finished OK.
Any help would be appreciated as I'm not getting current situation. And yes, I can grant privileges directly but still it's something tricky for me.